Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Magic the Gathering Proxies

I've had a very on-and-off-again relationship with Magic: the Gathering. I remember being first introduced to it when I was 10 years old, receiving a Starter 2000 Deck for my birthday. Several years later, as I discussed interests with my Freshmen College roommate, the topic of Magic came up, and I instantly got back into it. Over the next few years I continued reigniting my interests, jumping between various local card stores.

But recently, I've become extremely engrossed by creating Proxies. A Proxy is basically a card standing in place of another card in a deck. Typically these cards are used because the original cards are extremely valuable, rare, damaged, or unavailable. Any card can be a Proxy, just as long as it is made known to players involved in the game. But some players go the extra mile and put copious amounts of effort into making some amazing and impressive Proxies.

I've already made around 40 or so. And while I continue to search for an Inkjet printer I can use to print out these images onto Window Decals so I can make these Proxies a tangible reality, I will continue making a lot more.


No comments:

Post a Comment